A college student living in the Nation's Capital with a love of all things preppy

Monday, January 27, 2014

An Afternoon in Georgetown

Georgetown is hands down one of my favorite areas in D.C.
After getting most of my work done this morning I had the whole afternoon free and decided to take a walk into Georgetown for delicious cupcakes and maaaybe a little bit of shopping :)

Shopping and cupcakes aside, I love taking walks through Georgetown simply because of the scenery. If I've had a long day of classes or the hustle and bustle of Foggy Bottom gets a bit too stressful, the quaint--and somewhat enchanting--streets of Georgetown always make for a relaxing, pleasant experience. 

The past week has been unusually freezing but the snowy D.C. weather was lovely, nonetheless.



It's true I do love winter, but, I think that Georgetown looks the most beautiful during the foliage peak of the fall season. Although I took these pictures only a couple months ago, the scenery in January has completely transformed, creating an entirely new atmosphere of the beautiful city--calm, quiet, and invitingly mysterious. Different, but nonetheless, beautiful.

So, even though these picturesque scenes are a bit out of season I thought I would share with you guys just how beautiful this city is. 



Another cool thing about Georgetown is it's known for having the absolute best cupcake bakeries. Sprinkles, Georgetown Cupcake, and Baked & Wired--just to name a few. If you ever visit this part of D.C. you'll notice incredibly long lines wrapping around store fronts, full of people eager to try one of these infamous cupcakes.

My all time favorite cupcake place in the city is Baked & Wired. They serve giant, gourmet cupcakes in their super laid back, old time cafĂ© atmosphere. With flavors like Pretty Bitchin', Razmanian Devil,  and Unicorns and Rainbows, you can't really go wrong. 

My cupcake of choice is always the I Can't Believe It's Vegan which is a chocolate cake with oreo-vanilla cream frosting and I promise it's to die for even for you carnivores out there. 



Personally I have a mild cupcake obsession but even if cupcakes aren't your thing Baked & Wired has amazing cookies, cakes, and oh! their lattes will not disappoint. 

So after a few hours walking around popping into a few of my favorite stores (J.Crew, Anthropologie, Sephora, Paper Source) I came home with a few goodies but a ton of amazing pictures. 

After looking through my albums upon albums of Georgetown pictures, I thought the scenes from fall were particularly beautiful :)








A scenically beautiful and relaxing afternoon to start off a productive week!!

Where is your favorite place to relax or get away? 

XX
Meg 


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures. Despite the fact that it's cold there and warm here (Los Angeles) I am still jealous. I love Georgetown. The last time I visited was in the fall, and it was divinely crisp and lovely.

    ReplyDelete