A college student living in the Nation's Capital with a love of all things preppy

Friday, January 24, 2014

School Bag Essentials

Coming to college, I've learned the hard way just how important it is to keep your school bag as organized as possible. I also feel that it creates a bigger sense of enthusiasm and excitement while heading off to class, just knowing that your bag is organized and you are ready for whatever that class may bring!

Now I will admit, sometimes I can go a bit overboard when it comes to organizing my bag but I can't help it!! planning and organizing are fun for me :) 


The bag that I use on a day-to-day basis is the navy Le Pliage Tote by LongChamp and I can honestly say this bag goes through sooo much wear and tear (too.many.books) but still remains in great shape. I'm coming on my third year of using this tote as my school bag and I think it's definitely worth the investment if you're looking for a cute and sturdy bag for class. 

Here's a look into my bag--the staple things that I always carry no matter what class I'm going to .



Planner To be totally honest, I'm not sure how I would function on a daily basis without my planner. I've been using Lilly planners (large size) since my junior year in high school and I absolutely love them. I know Kate Spade also has a line of agendas, but it will take a lot to get me to steer away from the insanely cute Lilly Pulitzer planners.

Pencil Pouch  There's nothing worse than showing up to class and realizing you didn't bring a single pen--and that has happened to me plenty of times. I feel like a shameful puppy after getting that look from the person I'm borrowing from that just screams "really? you didn't even bring a pen?" Sooo in order to avoid that whole awkward encounter I suggest always carrying a pencil pouch filled with pencils, pens, erasers, and don't forget highlighters!


Yes, I'm that girl who has a favorite brand of every writing utensil.. it's weird I know!! But, I do think that always having your favorite pencils and pens on hand with motivate you to keep your notes much more organized. 

My favorites for note taking are: Sharpie GEL highliters, Sharpie pens & Papermate mechanical pencils 

Water Bottle Drink, drink, drink!! Drinking at least 64 oz a day helps to clear skin, promote weight loss, supports kidney function, keep you energized and much, much more. I can be really terrible with remembering to constantly drink water so I always make sure to keep a bottle with me so it's there whenever I need it!

Small Makeup Bag I recommend keeping a small bit of makeup in your school bag for those days you leave the house at 8am and won't be coming back til later that evening. Personally, my skin can get pretty oily so I like carrying around blotting powder just to keep my face looking fresh. I also like to keep some mascara, brown eyeliner, lip balm, and concealer just incase I need to touch up or don't have enough time in the morning to apply any makeup!


Phone, Headphones, & Charger For obvious reasons, your cell phone is a school bag essential! But, I also pack headphones and a charger just in case because I feel like whenever I actually need them, they're never with me! 

ID Wristlet I never leave my dorm without my ID and a little bit of cash, just in case. The one that I use is the Carded ID Wristlet from Lilly Pulitzer in the Delta Gamma print. It's super convenient because it holds everything!!: my school ID, my cards, my room key, and even has a space for cash & change. I love these types of wristlets for school because they also have a pocket in the back for your phone, so if you're ever in a hurry to run out the door--the wristlet is all you need!

iPad/Laptop I forgot to put this one in the picture but I always carry around either my macbook or iPad when I'm going to class. I'm currently using the iPad air and I am in love. This tablet only weighs about 1 lb and I use it to keep my class schedule info organized, use the wifi for certain classes, and I can also upload a few of my textbooks onto it. This is totally optional and depends on the types of classes that you're taking so I only take my computer if I need it, simply because it is so dang heavy. 

So those are all of my school bag essentials :) 

I hope y'all found even a little bit of use out of this post, and don't forget to leave me a comment if you have any questions!!

What are some of your must-haves for your school bag? 

XX
Meg  

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Your blog is so cute! I just started blogging and I would love love love it if you could check it out! Thanks!
    thezestblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read something like this and this remind me my school bags

    ReplyDelete