A college student living in the Nation's Capital with a love of all things preppy

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Life is BEAUTIFUL

This is an unplanned post, to say the least, but I figured this blog was a way for me to write about my life, so it seemed appropriate. 

Sometimes it takes something pretty awful to make us realize how beautiful life is. 

I know that, personally, I can get so caught up in the little things and become so obsessive over tiny issues that honestly just don't matter.

One day during a class discussion a friend of mine argued that people who believe that everything happens for a reason are just 'oblivious and ignorant'. Now this kind of resonated with me because I'm always the first to say that dark paths are only created to lead to a brighter place.

After that day I realized that ya know what, maybe is isn't true that everything happens for a reason. But, we can choose to keep the past dark, or we can make something so beautiful out of it. Creating reasons for our terrible bumps in life is the true definition of optimism--and I intend to live an optimistic life.

Following my Uncle Mark's death, I won't ever look at life the same. You never know whats going to happen to you, or the ones you love, and from now on I never want to take my family for granted.

Life is short, but life is Beautiful.

No matter what this crazy world has in store for me, I will create beauty and light out of times of darkness. 

Think about what makes your life beautiful

Mine is my family. 


xx 
Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment