A college student living in the Nation's Capital with a love of all things preppy

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

UD Naked 3 Review!!

Well hello there, gorgeous. 




I am a huge Urban Decay lover, and more specifically, a lover of their Naked line. So naturally, when I heard UD was introducing another eye shadow palette into the collection I briefly freaked out, then made my way onto their website to order one for myself.

This is the fourth palette of the Naked series following the Naked 1, Naked 2, and Naked Basics. I use my Naked 1 palette nearly everyday but skipped out on the Naked 2 because I felt that the shades didn't mesh well with my skin tone (pasty, that is) 
The Naked 3 follows a rose-gold color scheme which look absolutely gorgeous on any skin tone, and particularly beautiful on anyone with green/hazel eyes. 

This palette includes 12 rosy gold shadows: 3 matte shades, 4 sparkly finished shades, and 5 buttery satin finishes. In order from left to right the shades are: STRANGE, LIMIT, BURNOUT, LIMIT, BUZZ, TRICK, NOONER, LIAR, FACTORY, MUGSHOT, DARKSIDE, and BLACKHEART

These 12 "rose-hued neutrals" as UD describes are all new, never before released shades blend seamlessly together and, in my opinion, one of the best pairing of shadows any UD palette has come out with.

Here I am wearing a neutral smokey eye using BURNOUT & BUZZ all over the lid, NOONER in the crease, DARKSIDE & BLACKOUT to deepen up the outer corner, and finally STRANGE as my brow bone highlight. I finished off the look with a rosy gloss by MAC in the shade love nectar and a bronzy-rose blush.



Here is a close up of all of the shadows in Naked 3 going from left to right of the palette.

                           




I cannot say enough good things about this eye shadow palette and even though its a bit pricy at $52, the amount of looks you can create with this--ranging from everyday neutral to sultry and smokey--is just unbeatable. 

I think Naked 3 actually beats out Naked 1 as my favorite palette at the moment! And that's saying A LOT.

Have any more questions about this palette? Leave a comment down below ♥ 

xx
Meg

2 comments:

  1. I'm so tempted to pick this up, and this review makes me want it even more!!! I also want the Kat Von D Esperonza palette! Have you seen that one?

    -- Alex at Brainy Girls Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise you won't regret it I have been using this palette everyday since I've gotten it :)!! Oh, and I LOVE Kat Von D's eyeshadow palettes, they're so pigmented and buttery you've got great taste in makeup ;-)

      Delete